Help? 92 navara carburetor issue

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bear

Reaction score
Hey guys
Of course the second I order the new navara the old boy lays down in protest.

Here is them problem
Engine was struggling to kick over... And when I did manage to coax it to kick over it ran horriblely and stalled when every I let the idle drop to low...

So I cleaned distrib, spark plugs and cables (which were filthy)
Car now starts smoothly and every time, with out protest.

However is still running incredibly rich, I can smell it and when I put my hand over the exhaust it's spraying dark grey moisture.

So I'm thinking carbie issues..

What I want to know.. Has anyone cleaned a carbie on a z24s engine?? or any carbie for that matter who can give me some advice??
Or can identify any other issues...

I'd appreciate any help, as I don't want to take the old bugger to a mechanic when he only has to survive another few weeks.

It'll run rich when it's cold and it'll be particularly noticeable on cold days like we're having right now.

If it's still doing when the engine is up to temp (and by that, I mean on the temp gauge, needle in the normal position you're accustomed to seeing it) then you might have a dirty air cleaner, or the choke is sticking (Silicone Lube it first to see if it loosens up) or the float valve might be damaged/dirty. Throwing some carby clean down the throat might help, using some cleaner in the fuel might also help (much slower).

Latest posts

Back