Heater selector problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaunv8

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have an 08 Spanish D40. A few weeks ago I got the dreaded grinding noise under the dash when I turned the car on. A google search gave me instructions to pull out the system that selects defrost, foot, face etc etc and regrease. I followed the instructions but I stuffed up when putting back together.

I thought it was together properly but obviously not.

The problem is that when I put it back together, I tested it and then when I pulled out the motor I forgot which setting it should be on when I reassembled.

I manually turned the wheels / cogs to find out what was what however when the motor is NOT in position, turning the dash knob to select a position has the motor going around and around without stopping..

Today I went to use the system for the first time and it seems as though the motor is now cycling so it goes from defrost, to feet, to face etc even though its on face only.

Now my question is:

Does anyone know the correct way to get the motor realigned so it doesnt do this?

Long winded I know, but thanks for your help.

Latest posts

Back