Head unit upgrade turns into headache !

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ Smith

Reaction score
Hi, I've been attempting to upgrade the stereo/satnav on my 2017 Np300 Tekna. Bought from ebay with assurance from the seller it would work with 360 cameras etc. Any way to cut a long story short it doesn't despite trying everything the seller has suggested. The last Gem of advice resulted in the head unit dying completely and the loss of the permanent 12v feed which I assumed was the fuse, it wasn't. The only wiring diagram I have suggests the 12v on the radio power plug goes directly to the fuse so i assumed all the fiddling with plugs had broken a wire internally, so I ran a separate 12v and got the old radio working again. Another suggestion from the seller today had me using a different radio wiring loom and swapping the canbus module over, still no joy and now I have a dashboard lit up like a xmas tree showing key error, 4wd error, abs, collision radar, engine management etc. when driving its also in limp mode and the spedo doesn't work! I reckon it must be something to do with the canbus but thats as far as my limited knowledge of these vehicles go. Any suggestions to move forward with this will be gratefully accepted.

Back