Having a drama

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jharr224

Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you could help with a problem with my 08 d40 navara. When I drive the car, it occasionally will lose power and when you put your foot in the accelerator the car doesn't accelerate. I'm not sure if this is a serious problem or not but it is getting worse. I was wondering if it is a easy fix or if I should seek a professional opinion and have it fixed by a mechanic.

Cheers in advance

Welcome to the forum!

It should be a really easy fix. The FIRST thing I'd do is remove the SCV (Suction Control Valve) from the fuel pump, clean it, and put it back on. Don't do ANYTHING else - especially PAY for one - until you've tried this.

To clean it, use any good mild solvent (petrol is okay) and rinse it well in fresh diesel afterwards to remove any traces of the solvent.

If cleaning the SCV doesn't work, it may need replacing. Before replacing it, try loosening the fuel cap and driving the car - if the problems go away, it's the SCV and cleaning it hasn't helped.

Other possibilities are vac lines to the turbo, vac solenoid, sticking turbo vanes ... but more commonly it's the SCV.

Sounds like "limp mode".mine does it too just very occasionally.
usually when I press the pedal to overtake on the freeway which as you can imagine is a pain in the bum when you have to back out of the manoeuvre.

Might have to look at that thingy you mentioned oldtony.

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back