GQ/GU Ute

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justdrinkbeer

Reaction score
Hi Fellas

Thinking of buying a work/weekend toy ute, can't bring myself to scratch the nav up just yet.
Anyone know what I should be paying for a GQ or GU patrol ute? And is there anything I need to be looking out for?

Rich

price will vary greatly between gu/gq and also what motor.
Pick of the bunch is the td4.2t, all mechanical with as little electronics to go wrong as possible. the Td4.2ti is electronic injection. All variants of the td42 are extremely reliable and will go all day and night if serviced properly.

I bought a coil rear GU ute td4.2t 99model for around 17k last year with 270 on the clock. It was one of the cheapest i found.

Nothing major to look for besides staying away from the zd30 models, altho they only came out after 2006 i think. if its been a work/tow ute, check the rear coil hat welds for cracking, easy fix anyway. and just generic services/oils/hubs engage..

Might be better to get a wagon, the utes are overpriced to buggery and good ones a hard to find.

Thanks for that, going a ute because I can use it for work (sparky), already got a few grands worth of toolboxes to go on. Also & just as importantly, the missus won't question it if I buy a work vehicle.
So by the sound of it I'm looking for a GQ 4.2TD

All Aussie delivered GQ's were NA TD42's.

The only factory turbo GQ's were the RD28T's.

Pretty much what Josh said but the TD42Ti are semi electronic. The computer is only for the emission's gear. From what I have read the engine will run without the computer.

The intercooled TD42's are the semi computer controlled motor. No 1 injector has 2 wires coming out of it and they can be damaged if removed incorrectly.

Be aware that GQ leaf sprung trucks and coil sprung trucks run different diffs.

Cant say I agree with Josh on the ZD30 though. The CRD barely shares any parts with the Di ZD30.

The CRD ZD30 runs Gen 1 CRD injection. If it had Gen 3 CRD injection it would be making the YD25 CRD look bad.

The CRD ZD30's are reliable. I admit they struggle off the line with a full load but there not to bad.

Latest posts

Back