fuel problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmash

Reaction score
hi guys im jmash i own a d22 navara zd30, my problem is it fires straight away in the morning runs for 5 sec then cuts out i prim it up and it starts and no problem for the rest of the day andf if tank is full it doesnt happen i have check =ed clamps tight changed fuel filter tonight i have clamped the out floe from the filter and the injectors has anyone have any ideas
regards
jmash

It does sound like air is getting in, that's for sure. Only way to be sure is to put a clear piece of hose on the filter's outlet and watch for bubbles.

You could check that the primer bulb hasn't started to deteriorate, and make sure clamps aren't TOO tight - that can pinch the hose, which guarantees a leak!

I am wondering (because of the full tank thing) if there's a problem with the hose down near the tank?

Could even be the pickup inside the tank Tony.. if its cracked it would suck air, and when full it would be submerged and only suck fuel...

thanks guys the primer pump only new, its funny because i changed fuel filter the other day and the problem didnt happen again for a few days but i might try loosening clamps slightly.check get some clear hose and check down near fuel tank...if it is the pick up inside the fuel tank is it a big job to fix
thanks again guys
jmash

loosened clamps slightly going to get clear pipe today see how the goes clamped the out flow hose from the primer last night and the fist injector see trying to isolate problem next it to chech the hose going the tank underneath if its the pick inside the fuel tank as 4 naving sez is it a major major job....and one i get 0ne klast question if i sit on 125 kmh a/c cuts of an motor starts to warm up but when to 1117to118 all good again is that norml
cheers jmash

If the engine temp gets to high it turns the aircon off. Same happens at wide open throttle. Don't trust the factory temp gauge and check your radiator/air con condensor for dirt and leaves/crud.

If you're overheating at those speeds then I'd be checking the fluid couple on the radiator fan. You should have bags of air coming in through the radiator via the ram effect, and the fan should be hauling ass - it's obviously not.

Yes, aerodynamically the Navara is a brick and it's hard to push it beyond 100km/h, but we've had our caravan (1.8T) on the Stuart Highway at 125km/h and coolant was < 100C. If you can't maintain 120km/h unloaded without overheating, I'd suggest there's a cooling problem.

Latest posts

Back