front recovery points navara d40 rx

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jockyboy

Reaction score
Hi i'm new to 4x4 and the site.

can anyone help what it is i cannot find the right recovery hooks for the front of car.

when i bought it had nudge bar and you could only see chassis under under neath it about 2 3 inch, the only thing that was long enough was the tie down point.

i just got bullbar can see the chassis a lot better not as deep as when the nudge bar was there.
i got recovery hook put it on the chassis but can only see half of the hook. if i put snatch strap on will pull hook but also the underneth of the bull bar, what can i do.

Welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure I'd be too worried about the bullbar. Generally you can mount a winch on the bullbars and the bar will withstand the load. I've only ever winched myself out of trouble, I've never snatched (not quite sure I like the idea of jerking the car around that much) but the bars are meant to withstand quite a bit of force.

My bar sits clear of the chassis by a small amount, but if I'm buried in sand/mud, any pull is going to be upwards lifting the front end and putting pressure on the bar.

I don't think they designed the bars - or the mounts - so that this couldn't be done.

However, as I've not snatch-recovered my vehicle, let's wait and see what someone who HAS done this says about it. I will watch and learn too!

The problem will be in the person snatching more so then the point i believe. I have recovered vehicles bogged to the door sills without the "jerking" type of snatching, just low range and drive it forwards slowly, with them giving a little throttle too.

When you say about the bar, do you mean one of the mounts for the point connects to the bar??

front recovery hooks

Thanks guys for reply to earlier thread.
pretty new to 4x4 done a little thiugh just a little bit edgy thats all on the front recovery that i cannot fix them. as the chassis is underneath the bullbarso when i put recovery hook on could on see half of it so if put snatch strap on hook it would pull but would pull up as the bullbar is longer than the hook.
can see the tie down poingt perfect but it is long and wont attempt snatching it if snaps will go like a missile.

has anyone got pic of there rec hooks nissan navara d 40 2009

Attachments

• Perth-20111212-00439.jpg
    Perth-20111212-00439.jpg
    212.2 KB
hey mate i have snatched out of some pretty hairy situations on the stock tow point (or what i think is stock it was there when i bought it ) and it hasnt moved or bent its solid as fuck. just to put you at a peece of mind :)

Attachments

• IMG_0526.jpg
    IMG_0526.jpg
    214.5 KB

Latest posts

Back