Front headlight assembly removal

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spud

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm new to the forum and looking for advice on the removal of the whole front headlight assembly on my 2008 Navara STR. How do you go about unscrewing the unit? I picked up somewhere else that the bumper bar had to come off first!!!! Surely it's easier than that.

I think there is about 4 bolts/nuts that need to come out to get the whole thing out. Mine is easy as due to having an xrox bar so easy access under the bar and no loops to stop it coming out after undoing the bolts. at a guess you may have to take the bumper off as I think there is at least 2 bolts down low that will have to come out, you may be able to do it blind and reach up under to get them out. Have a look at the manual download that may help.

mine comes out easy but i have a bullbar, i know that ba/bf xr6/8's have to have the bumper removed to get the headlight out, may be the case with the d22 also

3 bolts after removal of grill. 10mm socket on extension bar and flat screwdriver required.

There's one or two bolt/screw on top, and two down the inside and a clip on the outside. All removable without pulling out the grill. All you need is some strong hands, patience and a 10mm offset ring spanner.

Undo the bolts, then yank the bastard forwards... Maybe try and undo the clip by reaching up inside the guard from underneath the wheel arch.

Back