Fitting D40 Snorkel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siringo

Reaction score
I picked up a safari snorkel for an absolute bargain off an ARB reseller. I was going to fit it myself, but I may be up for about $100 just to get the right size holesaw and arbor for my drill plus more for the other bits and pieces.

Anyone know how much ARB charge to fit a snorkel

OR

Anyone have a 105mm holesaw that they may want to sell????

I think they charge about $250. Its $500 for the safari snorkel and $750 fitted last time i checked. Id almost be inclined to have them fit it. Its un nerving taking to the guard with a 105mm hole saw, but in saying that if its a good quality bit that you buy, then it will make a pain in the ass job quite easy.

Anyone used 114mm holesaw instead of the recommended 105mm?
Just wondering if the hole would still be covered over by the snorkel???

The last three snorkels i have fitted i used a set of OFFSET WISS SNIPS and they work awesome, BUT i do use them just about everyday for cutting down pipe holes in guttering.
If you can handle a set of snips go for it, just mask around the area that you intend to cut so that the snips dont scuff the paint.

Anyone used 114mm holesaw instead of the recommended 105mm?
Just wondering if the hole would still be covered over by the snorkel???

Yes the snorkel would still cover the hole. The 105mm hole doesnt leave any movement in the hole. Its a flush fit.

Well I ended up using a mate's nibbler, made it very easy. Not the most gracious of jobs, sheetmetal wise, but it looks great with the snorkel covering it.

I'd recommend to everyone to use a nibbler, good thing about the nibbler is, you can use it on other jobs, but how often are you going to use a 105mm hole saw?

First impressions, I think the motor is breathing a little easier, don't think I'm using the throttle as much as I used to. Also think turbo lag has been cut in half.

Latest posts

Back