Filling your gearbox

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

04SilverSTR

Reaction score
So everyone that's done there own gearbox oil change would know how much of a PITA it is to get the oil in. Well today i had a light bulb moment that i thought i would share. Was changing the ATF in the wifes territory and could'nt get the oil in and came up with this idea.

Drill a hole the lid and insert some hose that goes to the bottom of the bottle, then poke a small hole in the handle. place under the car and put hose into gearbox, then pressurize with the air compressor, worked better than i expected and will be trying it on the nav next time!!

Cheers
Bryan

Excuse my ignorance I have not done this job yet but can't you just poor it in the tube that comes up from the tranny? Like filling a Holden trimatic.

Yeah, i've considered doing this a few times when i was on my back with the tom thumb, but the thought of blowing gearbox or diff oil all over myself and the driveway or garage floor kinda turned me off the idea, so iv never tried it.

Latest posts

Back