Engine swap in D21

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colmiller

Reaction score
It looks like this vehicle may be a little old for this forum but it serves my purposes well & I woud like to keep it.
I have 1986 4 X 4 Navara powered by a single ignition Z24 which is absolutely on its last legs.
Does anyone have a suggestion for a replacement engine that will mate up to the bellhousings bolt pattern.

All good mate.

There are a few D21's on here.

Look at fitting a KA24E, better on fuel then the Z24 and more power to.

Pretty much bolts up.

It looks like this vehicle may be a little old for this forum but it serves my purposes well & I woud like to keep it.

I hope not, or I've wasted a lot of time here! :sarcastic:

Does anyone have a suggestion for a replacement engine that will mate up to the bellhousings bolt pattern.

Options that will mate up and fit in the engine bay: KA24E, KA24DE.

KA24DE would be my pick as you can bolt the Z24 4x4 sump onto it without mods. There's a bit of wiring to make an EFI engine work in a carby car.

Expect to pay anywhere between $1000 to $2000 for an engine, and you should search high and low to find one with all accessories fitted to it such as alternator, PS pump etc. Pay the premium - it will save you in the long run.

Latest posts

Back