engine blow up on 2003 nissan navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robbie89

Reaction score
Hi im just after a bit of advice and where i could possibly get a new or reconditioned engine for my navara i was driving my pick up and a con rod has appeared on the outside of my engine so a complete right off it had only done 89000 and fully serviced, has anyone herd of this before.

any advice would be great thanks alot,

a conrod through the side sounds odd. typically they blow holes through the pistons.
i would tear it down and see what the cause was. last thing you want is to have the same failure on a new engine.

Petrol of Diesel

Big end or little end sticking out of the block? Did the crank end or piston end let go? Sounds like piston end (little end)

Sounds like pissed n broke.

Petrol or Diesel?

it was the big end that let go thats whats showing out of the block im a marine engineer myself and have never heard of this before on one of these engines, oil used not sure about,
im in london in the uk its a 2.5 diesel

thanks for all your replies

it was the big end that let go thats whats showing out of the block im a marine engineer myself and have never heard of this before on one of these engines, oil used not sure about,
im in london in the uk its a 2.5 diesel

thanks for all your replies

have a look on Nissan-Navara.net • Portal its rather common unfortunately. check what year your ute is, nissan extended the warranty due to that problem.

All good Scotty, if a ZD30 lets go its usually a piston top.

Non CRD YD25's are prone for it as the big ends bearing aren't designed for the load there taking.

Dave.

Non CRD YD25's are prone for it as the big ends bearing aren't designed for the load there taking.

Dave.

exact cause hasn't been established, but the bottom end strength wise is fine. the problem is bearing related. the bearings look like oil starved. wither its poor bearings or poor installation is debatable.
i suspect nissan got caught with the change to non-lead bearings. either the factory used wrong clearances (or quality control is crap) or the oil pump doesn't flow enough for the alloy bearings.

Latest posts

Back