egr pipe removed

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lukegaudy

Reaction score
haves just removed my egr pipe becuase I found there is no gasket inbetwee the pipe and exhaust manifold, so ive removed the pipe to trace a plate to do the egr mod.

is the car driveable without the egr pipe on, leaving the exhaust manifold and the other side left open for the time being ??

If the EGR pipe is removed and not blocked off it will have a massive exhaust leak. It wouldn't be a good idea in my opinion.

Not drivable at all ^^^ for that reason. Under load, you could even do damage to other bits in the engine bay. Your turbo will have difficulty spooling so you'll push harder ... no, don't even put the key in the ignition.

Would it still be right to drive of the pipe is still there only had a crack in it ? A mechanic told me it would be find just leave the windows open so u don't gas your self out does this sound right where would be the best place to buy a new pipe ?

just a crack is ok as you will only loose a small amount of boost.
however its unknown to how long before it breaks right off and its really slow and noisy when it does !

Give Paul from YD25.com a call. 0424 034 935 He dose a full EGR delete pipe kit. Don't know how much they are but they are good quality. That kit will just get rid of the whole thing.

Could be a cheaper option with definite gains.

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back