EGR delete

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rileydower

Reaction score
Hey I have a 2011 d40 Thai
I am looking at doing a EGR delete and getting a new vacuum solenoid I was just wondering if you still needed the solenoid if you have delected the egr

You want to remove the whole EGR setup, not just use an $8 blanking plate from ebay?

Mine is a 07 Spain & the EGR is caked, both the sensor part & i would say all piping & have 311,000 on the clock. You probably dont wabt to delete ... not if u live in Austraaaaaaya. One look under a bonnet by some road side inspection random station youd get fined $30k or something crazy. What i am doing is either a Clean out of Sensor & all pipes by my good local Mechanic who'll probably do the lot for $100, or i could spend $400 on new pipes and new sensor part & probably the higher spend would see me running good for years
Only reason I'm doing it is I'm blowing so much rich black smoke or brown unburnt diesel smoke from it all being so blocked & i want the extra power back, plus be compliant.
I'll prob do the $400 in Parts all new EGR stuff, then stick a 3" exhaust on right after for another few hundred. Everything else like scv & fpr is done & im running Tillix valve boost now, i can wind up a psi or so i think its not passing 18psi, it can handle about 21-22. Thats all i will need & probably anyone. The delete or block will just make the car go like a new one right away, but in my experience it still all blocks in the pipes behind it even more after & is a good diagnostic tool to see if egr was the problem & how fresh yr motor still is.

Hey I have a 2011 d40 Thai
I am looking at doing a EGR delete and getting a new vacuum solenoid I was just wondering if you still needed the solenoid if you have delected the egr
Blanked off and electronically deleted from the system so it doesnt work and doesnt send codes or affect other parts.
Works like a charm, no smoke, you cannot see the plate in situ so it cant be seen roadside.
Plus a power boost due to cleaner cooler air.
It did cost about $400 altogether as you pay for the auto sparkie with the knowledge to turn off everything code related BUT you never have to worry about it again and less oil in the engine/system which protects everything people buy catch cans etc for.
Only thing youll notice is on a cooler morning, the engine will take more time to heat up due to no hot exhaust gasses going back into your engine. (Again a perk as it keeps the engine cooler).

Blanked off and electronically deleted from the system so it doesnt work and doesnt send codes or affect other parts.
Works like a charm, no smoke, you cannot see the plate in situ so it cant be seen roadside.
Plus a power boost due to cleaner cooler air.
It did cost about $400 altogether as you pay for the auto sparkie with the knowledge to turn off everything code related BUT you never have to worry about it again and less oil in the engine/system which protects everything people buy catch cans etc for.
Only thing youll notice is on a cooler morning, the engine will take more time to heat up due to no hot exhaust gasses going back into your engine. (Again a perk as it keeps the engine cooler).

Anyone tried one of these $90 Crispmods Maf Cord looms, its supposed to tell your EGR to shut. Didn't work on mine. I looked at the EGR Sensor butterfly port section & it was black & i suspect the butterfly is seized half open

My main aim is to rid that smoke and lost power that happens under Load.
That motor does haul if given the correct this & that and allowed to function just right

Attachments

• IMG_20240905_094517050_HDR_AE.jpg
    IMG_20240905_094517050_HDR_AE.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 0
Anyone tried one of these $90 Crispmods Maf Cord looms, its supposed to tell your EGR to shut. Didn't work on mine. I looked at the EGR Sensor butterfly port section & it was black & i suspect the butterfly is seized half open

My main aim is to rid that smoke and lost power that happens under Load.
That motor does haul if given the correct this & that and allowed to function just right
Didnt work for mine either as my EGR butterfly valve was stuck open. This assumes its working and keeps it shut.

Didnt work for mine either as my EGR butterfly valve was stuck open. This assumes its working and keeps it shut.
Should work on a new EGR valve butterfly 😅 They start from $100 online. i could fit it in 5 minutes & assuming this Crispmods actually works and isnt one them $90 scams u could do by earthing 1 wire yaself, if it closes that butterfly, thats almost better than a blank if u can stash that cord nicely, take off the Crispmods logo while in use

Latest posts

Back