Dyneema Rope on or off?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 12270

Reaction score
G'day all,

Seeking some advice, I run a Tigerz11 12,000lb Grande winch with dyneema rope and I've been told by a mate that I shouldn't keep the rope on the spool normally unless going bush so to speak. I've also seen vehicles running with it on their vehicles all the time.

What's the general consensus? Are they prone to rotting if they get wet?

They say you should wash them after they have been through mud and crap but the rope is made out of the same stuff as ski rope so it wont rot.
I leave mine on and its 18months old and been used heaps, no probs at all so far.

He's just going from what he's heard form others, he admits he's not sure as he's heard both on and off. He runs cable on his.

Real rope made from sisal or hemp, if you're lucky, will rot if left wet, but "modern" rope is made from synthetic and the only two problems are dirt/grit/sand and UV exposure.

The only reason I can see to take it off is to keep it out of the mind of the FWs & AHs around.

Real rope made from sisal or hemp, if you're lucky, will rot if left wet, but "modern" rope is made from synthetic and the only two problems are dirt/grit/sand and UV exposure.

The only reason I can see to take it off is to keep it out of the mind of the FWs & AHs around.

thats what i,ve heard, It needs a wash if its full of mud and sand and crap

like Nathan said its made from same stuff as ski rope so you deffently wont have an issue with rot,i leave mine on and its been on for almost 18 months now.when it gets real muddy i wash it with a gurni.

Latest posts

Back