Drive plate issue

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craigh

Reaction score
Hi all, bit been going on I’ll try give you all the info, much needed help I’m starting to pull my hair. Have a D40 2008 Thai, auto yd25. Just completed a full rebuild of the motor, got up to the stage where the flex plate/drive plate is put on, first time doing a auto and prob the last, watched a few utube videos and got the torque converter sitting nice in the bell housing over the splines and oil pump, pretty happy with that side of things. Bolted the motor up to the bell housing done want need to be done to get it started, so we got it started and it started well but with a horrid noise, worked out if we held the key in the the start position it went away but let the key fall back to the on position and the noise appeared, after some thought spaced the starter motor out by only a washer, noise went away. Sweet was happy that, took for a drive wouldn’t go over 20 and had no power, done the fault code engine flash and got 0335 which from research is crank angle sensor, which sits above the starter motor, so I can only assume that a spacer or something has been missed and the drive plate is sitting to close to the motor, hence why the starter motor need packing out and now my crank angle sensor is reading as a fault assuming it’s because the drive plate is not where it should be , any info or detailed pics would be amazing

Back