differential

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammyd22

Reaction score
hey guys i just want to know if anyone knows about the rear diff in the d22's im not sure if mine is working properly nissan says it is i dropped one wheel into the mud and it spun up nissan say i need to boot it and both rear wheels will lock and drive me out which it did i just dont think its right any thoughts?

when i had a ford ute that was never the case it was always tight and never had one spin if it was going to spin both would im just new to the whole 4wd thing and i just got it lifted so im being paranoid

when i had a ford ute that was never the case it was always tight and never had one spin if it was going to spin both would im just new to the whole 4wd thing and i just got it lifted so im being paranoid

my d22 would lock up allot quicker than my d40. i have owned a few different cars /utes all with limo's, they all spun one wheel before they hooked up and spun both. even with a limo if you have to much force on one wheel it may not hook up and drive both wheels. you will find it happens a bit when you are off road, you will hear people say "you got cross axled and it wont drive" this is why people install air lockers or e-lockers, so once you hit the switch you know its locked solid and nothing will stop the wheels from spinning one wheel.
if you have a limo that is to tight the car will not corner correctly and the rear will push the front when you try and turn or step out really quickly in the wet and may catch the unsuspecting driver out sending them into a spin ,which as you can imagine is pretty dangerous. also diffs that are shimmed up way to much to create a locker are very likely to brake axles.

Last edited:
As my local Nissan dealer informed me, the limo in my D40 is not as good a unit as some other limo's might be. (ie a poor mans version of a limo)

I can understand the theory of needing to put the right foot down a bit to get it to engage.

Latest posts

Back