Diff and Flywheel Issues

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Changi

Reaction score
Well these holidays are turning out to be a real mechanical trial. I've just sent my Navara into the mechanic to finally complete repairs / upgrades. I was having trouble with my front diff and found metal shavings when I drained the oil out of the diff.

The mechanic has since ripped my front diff out and apparently my crown gear is cracked in two places and my flywheel in my clutch is absolutely shagged.

The mechanic told me that I could be looking at $2500 to get the diff rebuilt or at least 10 days just to get a new diff from Nissan shipped from Japan.

This sounds like crap to me and I'm looking at chasing down a second D22 (ZD30) 2006 Front diff instead. Anyone got thoughts or ideas on this predicament or where I can track down an appropriate diff?

Certainly sounds like it's been through the wars.

www.nizzbits.com.au for a lower-cost genuine new item, www.niss4x4.com.au for a good second-hand unit (and make sure you check it before installation).

For either, before you install it, add a locker. Sounds like yours has been put through considerable punishment and the locker will vastly reduce the strain on the drive train.

As for the flywheel/clutch, I can't help. Single mass flywheels are usually fairly solid!

Pretty sure theres been some in the 4 sale section lately, I think Lawry had some. Otherwise 4x4 wreckers should be able to help you out.

Latest posts

Back