Degreaser good+bad

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyNav09

Reaction score
ok now the title may not explain alot. so this is what i need ot know. i recently purchased 5litres of some sort of evironmentally friendly degreaser from supercheap and also got myself a degreaser gun that hooks up to a air compressor. looking under the bonnet sarvo after offroad trip yesterday and noticed a heap of just dirt/muddy water stuck onto the body work under the bonnet.

i had heard stories of people just giving it a blast with some degreaser and using a gerni to clean it all off. so i did this but in little bits. sprayed one side of engine bay, waited about 2mins then using my high pressure hose on jet setting a sprayed it all off and what a mint job it did.

i now have a white engine bay not a brown/muddy engine bay. No i didnt spray any of this degreaser over the engine or any moving parts just on the body work.

will i end up with any damage to paintwork or have i done the right thing? its just i cant get a sponge or brush or anything in there to clean it all. i did wash all the degreaser off thoroughly. i also sprayed the bashplates the same and hosed off and they look brand new again.

Rusty

de greaser won't damage any painted surface. It will tarnish alloys and bare metals. Can affect rubber. As long as you sprayed it all off it should not be a problem

you say may affect rubber, how so?. just thta i also cleaned my steel rims with it and obivously they have tires on them lol?

Latest posts

Back