D40 uhf

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey mate, welcome.

If its a 2011 ST I have mine sitting in the little hole under the air con controls next to the 4x4 selector knob thingy and If its an ST-X someone else will mention something im sure.

ive got a remote mic unit with is mounted behind the ac controls with the mic under the hazard flasher button

i bought a outback roof console and mounted a remove UHF behind it and just had the mic sticking out and used the din slot for my switches instead.

ive got a remote mic unit with is mounted behind the ac controls with the mic under the hazard flasher button

I did a similar install.

The handset clip i used is a Uniden clip and rather than screw it to my dash and leave holes, i just used a quality doubled sided tape.

file-38.jpg

file-39.jpg

Last edited:
i did the same except i have mine mounted on the drivers side, got a small uniden unit with all the controls and a speaker on the hand piece, nice and tidy and it works really well.

i did the same except i have mine mounted on the drivers side, got a small uniden unit with all the controls and a speaker on the hand piece, nice and tidy and it works really well.

I should of put the hand-piece clip on the other side, its only held on with double-sided tape so i will swap it over.

On a side note, can i ask where have you got your scangauge mounted??

I originally mounted mine to the side of the center console and used it to lean my leg against but I've since put a roof console in and it beats the shit out of having the CB anywhere else. I can have the music playing at a relatively decent level and still hear the CB kick in because it's at ear level where as mounting it low the CB speaker had to compete with the stereo. The roof console also meant a piss easy way of mounting a rear DVD screen for the back seat.

Mounted mine (a din sized front speaker job) under the dash in line with the consol. Takes away the little tray in front of the gear shift but that was fairly useless anyway.

I mounted the remote head of my Oricom 180 on the side of the cup holder in the center console with the handset stored in the little cubby in front of the cup holders:

20130203_144356.jpg

the main until is screwed to the underside of the cup-holder so that it is secured and not knocking about but at the same time easily accessible and out the sight of pikeys:

20130203_143729.jpg

I like this location because the head unit isn't very visible from outside the car and the handset is easily to hand without having to screw the clip on to the dash. At the end of the day if i decide to remove the UHF (if I sell the truck for example) then the screw holes are out of sight. Also the clip that comes with the unit it crap quality and not easy to clip and unclip from while driving.

I mounted the remote head of my Oricom 180 on the side of the cup holder in the center console with the handset stored in the little cubby in front of the cup holders:

20130203_144356.jpg

the main until is screwed to the underside of the cup-holder so that it is secured and not knocking about but at the same time easily accessible and out the sight of pikeys:

20130203_143729.jpg

I like this location because the head unit isn't very visible from outside the car and the handset is easily to hand without having to screw the clip on to the dash. At the end of the day if i decide to remove the UHF (if I sell the truck for example) then the screw holes are out of sight. Also the clip that comes with the unit it crap quality and not easy to clip and unclip from while driving.

I never screwed my handset clip to the dash for that very reason, i just used a quality double sided tape so there is no screw holes at all in my car.
Where the cord comes out of the blank in the dash i just got a spare last time i was going past the wreckers and they just gave it to me.

Oh and if you look at my clip i used a uniden version.

Nice job on your install by the way.

Last edited:
I should of put the hand-piece clip on the other side, its only held on with double-sided tape so i will swap it over.

On a side note, can i ask where have you got your scangauge mounted??

i just have mine sitting on the centre console below the gearstick, couldn't really find a good spot for it without it getting in the way, it's just held on with velcro so easily moved if i find somewhere better.

i just have mine sitting on the centre console below the gearstick, couldn't really find a good spot for it without it getting in the way, it's just held on with velcro so easily moved if i find somewhere better.

Thanks mate, its a bummer the new ST interior doesnt have the little tray in the top of the dash like my old one did which was a perfect location.

Mine is fitted into the dash compartment. Needs a front speaker radio with a rear mic connection. Fitted an extension cable and socket for the mic to one of the spare switch blanks

Attachments

• IMG_1630.jpg
    IMG_1630.jpg
    47.2 KB
  • IMG_1631.jpg
    IMG_1631.jpg
    47.2 KB
Sorry to dig up an old thread mate, but how did you go about making a connection from the microphone to the extension lead to your unit? where did you find a plug to fit that round blank on your nav.

Thanks

I did a similar install.

The handset clip i used is a Uniden clip and rather than screw it to my dash and leave holes, i just used a quality doubled sided tape.

file-38.jpg

file-39.jpg

I just took the lead from the handset it self through the original round blank by drilling it out just big enough to squeeze the plug through and then used double sided tape to hold the extension connection to the back of the dash behind and next to the round blank then used the rubber grommet to cover the whole in the round blank.

Thanks mate your a legend. I ended up doing mine a little different and mounted it in the bottom spare blank. Worked a treat Thanks!!

I just took the lead from the handset it self through the original round blank by drilling it out just big enough to squeeze the plug through and then used double sided tape to hold the extension connection to the back of the dash behind and next to the round blank then used the rubber grommet to cover the whole in the round blank.

Latest posts

Back