D40 Strut spacers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtr075

Reaction score
Have many people out there fitted front strut spacers to lift your D40 Navaras and come across any issues or problems associated with doing so? What height have you lifted to through this method as, I like the ride of the standard springs and having fitted a steel bullbar (and soon a winch), would like to get it's nose back up in the air again. I have decided to get a new heavier leaf pack and longer travel shock for the back as the standard springs can't handle the steel tray I fitted. Any answers greatly appreciated.

This is some info from ClubFrontier as the D40 ST-X is the same as the D40 Frontier in many ways
Hope this helps
I worked the following out by using dimensions from the various manufacturers
1.75" Spacer = 3" lift
1.50" Spacer = 2.5" Lift
1.25" Spacer = 2" Lift
1.00" Spacer = 1.5" Lift
0.75" Spacer = 1" Lift

and then in Metric
42mm Spacer = 75mm Lift
36mm Spacer = 62mm Lift
32mm Spacer = 50mm Lift
25mm Spacer = 37mm Lift
18mm Spacer = 25mm Lift

Now all said from memory your limited to I think 2.5" of lift before you start having coil bucket contact issues. Im sure one of the others with spacers will know for sure.
Another thing to take into consideration is do you have camber adjustment.If not then when you lift you will get more positive camber

I ran those for a few months for the front: PRG Products

And at the same time I used those for the rear: PRG Products

I kept factory shocks and springs at the time and what I noticed was that my suspension travel was limited both front and rear because of the longer front bumpstops (those black cones pictured) and of not having swapped to longer shocks for the rear (although the AAL sweetened up ride), height gained was 2" front and rear over stock.

Then I upgraded to these: PRG Products

and PRG Products (together with the AAL) and the results are fantastic with a 3" lift front and rear, over stock, and superb ride (times better than my old OME suspension).

Iwent a similar way actually. I went with the same in the front and just blocks in the rear. Raised shackles are a No No here.
How are your UCA going ?I have just done the full deal and got them engineered and its legally installed here in the ACT.
Did you have to do same in VIC?

No issues with authorities on the setup I'm running yet. My technical inspection is due the next year but I don't think there will be any problems with my lift.

What's "VIC" (I'm from Greece so I may not be familiar with your terminology). My PRG UCAs are doing fine as is the rest of the suspension. Our trucks should have come from the factory with such suspensions cause they're very low.

An AAL for the rear not only offers smoother ride but also better articulation compared to a block as well as 2" lift (the one from PRG) and reduces chances of axle wrap also compared to a block. Longer shocks required for full benefits though.

PS: The full 3" leafpack PRG has must be GREAT but very expensive to have it shipped and pass through customs.

USA is "blessed" for doing such things over my ridiculous country with ridiculous legislation.

Last edited:
Sorry musta had a brain brain fart
I thought you were down south of me in Vic or Victoria .
I want the 10 leaf pack but for now Ill make do with what I have as thats as far as the dollars go.

No worries mate.

Yeah, the 10 leafpack is a nice replacement once the stock leafpack gets totally shot, I'm pretty sure that Nissan's leafpack will cost dearly so the PRG solution will not make a much costlier option having added transportation and customs' fees.

When I told my Nissan dealer how much the whole suspension I'm running cost me he replied that replacing my stock four shocks using Nissan ones would cost me about 2/3 of my whole PRG suspension and that my suspension was a definitive keeper!

Latest posts

Back