D40 kw

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

07d40

Reaction score
Hi when did the rx d40 4x4 go from 126 kw to 140 kw looking at a second hand one .
Thanks Paul

I don't honk they ever have, pretty sure the ST is the only one and the last of the 4cyl STX
All others RX and STX king cab models are built in Thailand AND ALL Thai builds are 126kw

^ As above. I've never heard of a 140kW unmodified Thai truck. The 2010 STX DC, and 2011-onwards ST DC models wore the higher output power plant. The STX KCs and all RX models had the 126kW donk.

There's nothing wrong with the 126kW engine, which is what's in mine (2009 STX DC). The more powerful engine uses marginally less fuel and will have a small advantage on the standing quarter mile, but in real terms you're talking about 14kW.

I've owned both and they were both good , but I certainly noticed the extra kWs in all areas, from standing start to towing and maintaining speed on hills ect.
Don't forget it is only 14kw extra, but that is over a 10% gain, when you look at it like that it's actually a good gain.
If I had a choice I would go the higher output, but as said it's not the end of the world with out it either.

if you want power.... get the stx-550... they would get a wriggle on.

My 2010 KC 126kw is epic, more than enough power to lose ya license.

Latest posts

Back