D40 2.5L Diesel Fuel consumption

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swervin

Reaction score
Good morning, New member as of 7-55 am.
I'm looking for any feed back on DPF removal for better fuel economy.
Has anybody had a dpf eliminator pipe installed and how successful are they?

Hi Swervin, I had a delete pipe put in to replace the DPF over 12 months ago and have had no issues. Scotts Rod's West Ipswich makes then up.

the hardest part is getting the sensors to release, just soak in WD40 until they let go and unscrew.

Welcome to the forum.

Send a PM to auggie on this forum and ask about the sensors. A common problem with removing the DPF is the sensors go awry and the car tries to regen, thinking there's a pressure difference across the filter. Auggie has a fix for it.

Thanks Guys, much appreciated. Tony, my mechanic has researched a bit and apparently the trick is to remove the DPF before the computer decides to regenerate or goes into limp mode.
OzAssasin, just wondering how much it affected your fuel consumption.

Cheers

fuel consumption was noticeably better but the best fuel saving was no more burn off.

the delete pipe is only one part of a lot of smaller modifications, read through all the mod posts, and you'll get a good idea of how far you can go before it breaks the bank, but it's all good fun.

Remove DPF, muffler eliminator pipe or full exhaust (just ditched my eliminator pipe and did full exhaust), Plazmaman cooler to turbo pipe upgrade, EGR blanking plate and catch can.

You will be happy and can be done in most cases doing all labour yourself, for less than $900. If you choose eliminator pipe over a full exhaust, less than $400.

Latest posts

Back