D40 140amp fuseable link keeps shorting out

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackwoodd40

Reaction score
Hi ive got 06 nissan navara d40 stx petrol auto and im having some electrical issues with the fuseable link terminal all the ignition lights everything comes on works througout the car as soon as i go to start position on the key starter motor just clicks then earths out 140amp fuse link. So i replaced the starter motor same problem. I thought the engine might be seized so i took the inlet manifold off and took all the spark plugs out motor spins freely when i turn it over buy hand. I went through the truck today and unbolted every ground wire i could find and cleened them all up reattached still the same thing. Any ideas on what it could be.? Starting to think it maybe ecu or somthong

Fuse Problems

It could be contagious, especially if you have a Chinese Produced Starter Motor,
Now let it be known I am not an Auto Electrician, my past Field was Marine Engineering, but my "D21" SD25 Ute has shown me all sorts of Voodoo to keep
me and Two others busy from this Forum in our near past!

I had Starter Trouble after I first bought my Beasty and finally replaced the Startermotor and all was well, finding a broken spring in the Solinoid which was
unavailable in the U.S., Britain, and Australia, but, I could buy one Thousand of
them if I bought one thousand Starters too resale here in Australia, but not as a Spare Part, from China, {Cheeky Bastards}, so I bought a new Chinese Starter
from a Seller in "Wangaratta" in Victoria for a grand price of "$159.00 Au", and
after Twelve days of ridding his Pushbike accross our fair Land, the Post-officer did
finally arrive in West Australia no dought via "Darwin" and deliverd it to my Household, {Even our "Navy" is quicker then this}, At times!

I fitted this Unit and all was well for a time, "Four Months" to be exact, and one
fine Morning I went outside to start up my Beasty to continue my Sport of Hoining the streets of downtown "Rockingham", and all was Dead,no lights,horn
indicators or Starter, not a bloody Sausage, not even a "Click"!

An hour or two was spent checking the Fuses, Battery Terminals, Hanging Wires
Shorts in my Dashboard after I had just rewired it, using a "BuzzBar", you do
{remember, I am not a Sparky} on Ships or Utes, I had the Starter Tested by
an Autoelect who passed it as Great, so I ordered another from a different supplyer through a local Workshop, as I believe in buying local as often as I can,
and where he got his order from I really could not say, but a nice new Outboard
Starter turned up after a Week or so, and It was returned and reorderd again!

Finally, another Pushbike turned up with Roadkill on his "Bullbar" and a supposedly Diesel Starter was delivered to my ageing shaking hands, {shaking
from excitment} Gentlemen, not old age, and I fitted it, and all was well once
again in our household and the Fair Land!

What made me replace it again when I could find nothing Broke, was a very little smell of burnt Wire or Plastic that had been slightly cooked, not in the Solinoid,
but in the Armiture apiture, and when I openned this one for a stickybeak, there
was ample proof that it had gotten Hot and Bothered over something, and I have sent it back under Warranty to Wangaratta to be examined, I felt on a closer look, the Windings were a little on the "light side" for a Diesel Starter!

"Summary"
My Wife is now running a Book on how long this one lasts, So, if she upsets the Chinese with the betting against the "Chinese Quality", She might be visited by our Gaming Squad for Her running Her Book!

Check out your Starter more closely!

highway man.:deadhorse:

Hey thanks for the advice im going to the wreckers today to pick up a second hand genuine nissan starter see if that fix's the problem. as the starter i got on there now is brand new but Chinese brand. Ill let use no how i go thanks again for the help

Latest posts

Back