D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan88

Reaction score
Hey guys who has done exhaust upgrades and if so what have you done, have you had it dynod and how much power has been increased? Iv got my Nav chipped and am looking to put an exhaust on in the future but still currently undecided on what to do with it, and should see bigger gains with it being chipped aswell. Iv also noticed that since having my nav chipped it blows out a fair bit of black smoke, wondering if getting a bigger exhaust will help reduce the amount of smoke.

With the risk of sounding like an a$$hole I'm going to say try the search function.

Anyway With a larger dump pipe and exhaust you should find that your EGT (exhaust gas temperature) will drop and the boost should come on quicker.
I have a 3" dump pipe and straight through mandrel bent exhaust. A few people don't like the sound without a muffler though.
The black smoke sounds like the tune you are running is putting to much fuel in for the amount of air.
If you know how much boost you are running then you should be able to select a tune to suit it.

That is about all I can help you with as I have a QD32 not the YD25.

have u tried having the chip on a different setting? might help with what ur looking to get out of it

hey dan,

i also have the chipit module and notice a bit of black smoke when taking off but it only puffs out when i plant my foot after that. have you fitted the boost controller aswell? may be another asset worth putting in or as others have stated lower the tune setting to the Tune 4 not th Tune 5 it comes preset on. i have Tune 5 with 19-20psi boost(adjusted by controller). also havea 2.5" sports exhaust turbo back as this was already semi fitted when i purchased the car.

for an exhaust i would try give Scotts Rods a call and see if they have done one for our motor yet as last time i spoke they hadnt done one but had a car coming in to make a template off few days later.

i would try and get a turbo back 2.75"(Beaudesert Exhaust) or 3" (Taipan, Geforce, few other brands do these). only reason beau exhaust do a 2.75" system is they are the only ones who went to the effort of purchasing a 2.75" mandrel bending die. 3" would be better flow and have been told of noticeable gains just from exhaust fit only.

Goodluck
Rusty

only reason i havent tuned my chip down is cause im waiting on a laptop to be built to meet my needs etc. once i recieve it ill be downing the tune to see if any changes are made.

Do the exhaust asap before anything else.

Get the heat out as quick as possible.

Read up on Northside4x4's posts.

Cheers for the help guys, plugged the laptop in this morning and detuned it back dwn to setting 2 hardly any black smoke now. I think once i get the exhaust ill put the chip back to a higher setting and monitor the amount of smoke coming out the back of it.

Latest posts

Back