D22 wont start after battery disconnect

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoXx Pro

Reaction score
Hi guys recently purchased a d22 I removed battery terminal's now it wont start it cranks fine but wont fire ��.. Any help ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

if you only removed the battery terminals your problem must have something to do with the terminals. are all wires connected ? got to be something very simple.

You would think it would of been battery related but terminals are ok, fuses cables connections all A1, its like the immobilizer wont let the fuel pump send fuel or something, ahhhhhhhhhhh have spent so many hours on something that should be so trivial..

Double check the fuse in the box under the hood marked "Engine Control". If that is blown it will crank but refuse to fire.

Last edited:
Can you smell fuel in the exhaust? If not, there's a fuel delivery issue. If you can, it could be a timing issue although you'd expect that with a small amount of fuel sitting on the piston it would at least cough for you when cranking.

Injector open failure can occur because:

1) Battery-to-car connections are less than ideal. Dirty battery terminals and dirty earth points are often the culprit. The D40 series tend to suffer more from ECU earth faults and the D22s suffer from engine block earth point faults. Remove the connection, clean it, reattach it and try again.

2) The ECU is not commanding the injectors to open. This is more often because the battery voltage while cranking is too low for the ECU to start. Solution: try another battery, or jumper-lead start the car from a car that is already running (and putting out 14+V from its alternator). Battery voltage will always drop when cranking the engine but if it falls too far below 10V the ECU may not have enough power to control the pump and injectors.

3) The fuel pump is not raising the fuel rail pressure. It has to be commanded to do this in a CRD engine. If the battery is good and the ECU is starting then check the connections to the fuel pump.

Let us know how you go.

Hi guys thanks for the advice so far I will check a few more of you ideas old tony in the am, but since if went dark outside I have noticed that the immobilizer light (top center of dash) is not flashing, and when cranking it stays on constant.. Immobiliser issue??? Possible dropped codes ecu/key?????.. Not sure but day two has also been a bust ��, I will continue to work towards a fix and keep you posted with what I find ��

Australian immobilisers usually have a primary role of rounding up sheep and respond to a yell of "Go on, get around back!". Them electronic ones confuse us, so unless yours eats kibble we're not going to be of much help.

There's not some stupid procedure like having to leave the key in the ignition for an hour to pair them again is there?

Latest posts

Back