d22 Rear diff oil?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big.col

Reaction score
Does anyone know the exact quantity of LSD oil to put in the rear diff of a D22 (2010 model) I know a lot of you have older models so not sure if the diff is different.

Also what LSD oils have you used and how often have you changed them?

I read somewhere that d22 2010 models have the wrong diff oil from factory so this has got me worried...

Thats the first thing I did actually. Believe it or not the manual doesn't specify quantities and gives you a choice of 2 different oils...Nor does it contain any instructions for changing the oil (though this does look simple)

Just fill it till it reaches the fill point? of course be parked on a level surface. Well thats what I have always done.
Castrol LSX 85w140 (1.3l)

Just fill it till it reaches the fill point? of course be parked on a level surface. Well thats what I have always done.
Castrol LSX 85w140 (1.3l)

Correct me if I'm wrong, is the fill point just below the level where it would start leaking out of the fill plug?

Yeah, up to the point where it should be flush with the fill point, I'll fill it to the point where it just starts to dribble out then put the fill plug back in. Same goes for your front diff/gear box etc

Last edited:
I just want to confirm for anyone else reading this topic, that the above oil and amount is correct. 85w-140 (1.3 Litres). I used Nulon LSD 85W-140. Thanks for all your help Al :)

I just want to confirm for anyone else reading this topic, that the above oil and amount is correct. 85w-140 (1.3 Litres). I used Nulon LSD 85W-140. Thanks for all your help Al :)

I've used full synthetic Castrol SAF-XA...so what I'd suggest..its just another oil and a company brand....plus I've gotta lot of it.

Changed mine again today...same Castrol oil--1.2litres..just tipped the lower threads.

Drain plug had no metallic particles..oil was black ----only done 15K since the last change.

Have changed this out 4 times now

A Tip: Always make sure you can open the filler before you open the drain. I know of a bloke who was stuck with an empty diff for a while! lol

Is it a tricky job to replace the oils in both front and read diffs and also the gearbox? I bought mine about 6 months ago its a 2002 with 128thou on the clock and don't know when it was last done so wanna get it done ASAP!

Im sure my rear diff took 1.5L, then again I cannot remember if I was on level ground??

I use Nulon oil and their G70 additive and change it every 40.000km. I tow a fair bit and its only holds a small amount of oil anyway so it's not that expensive to do.

Latest posts

Back