D22 power

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozdog

Reaction score
Just putting the first 1000k on the nav D22 and noticing not much low down when starting off does this improve with the engine run in or do I need to do some work on this ----I remapped a previous vehicle and noticed a bit more down low. The remapping was expensive and did cause other problems ie higher running temps warped exaust manifold ------so would like to avoid these probs if possible.:deadhorse:

The YD25 motor doesnt develop its power until you start getting over 1500rpm, so they do require a slightly different driving style to other diesel where there power is off the bottom but runs out in the higher revs.

Im not saying ride the clutch, but try picking the revs up slightly higher before you start letting the clutch out, a few hundred extra revs is all you need.

If it does bother you there are a few things you can do with out going down the path of "chips" and "re-mapping"
You can block off the EGR and put a nice mandrel bent exhaust on it, which will make it a little more lively and will also help if you did want to play around with putting a chip in it later on.

Exactly as Nathan said if your prepared to invest 2.5-3k you can get it going very well but why bother it will loosen up a little enjoy the fuel savings and if you decide to keep it for a long time perhaps then do the mods.

egr mod
good exhaust
these mods will get it to come on boost earlier
and it will loosen up a bit shortly

D@@ power

The YD25 motor doesnt develop its power until you start getting over 1500rpm, so they do require a slightly different driving style to other diesel where there power is off the bottom but runs out in the higher revs.

Im not saying ride the clutch, but try picking the revs up slightly higher before you start letting the clutch out, a few hundred extra revs is all you need.

If it does bother you there are a few things you can do with out going down the path of "chips" and "re-mapping"
You can block off the EGR and put a nice mandrel bent exhaust on it, which will make it a little more lively and will also help if you did want to play around with putting a chip in it later on.

I like the idea of blocking off the EGR it seems a simple plate as I am considering the 6yr warrenty---new driving style!!!!:deadhorse2:

Latest posts

Back