d22 navara exhaust (zd30)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thejacks

Reaction score
:sorry3: guys i know its a repeated topic but im after an exhaust to fit my nav zd30 at a decent price that is notey unsure is a 3 inch straight through will sound any good anyone got one or got a video on one with a 3 inch on it

YouTube it mate. Plenty of exhaust videos on navaras zd motors. Scotts rods, suncoast exhaust all do nice systems. Beaudesert systems are nice aswell.

3 inch straight through from the back of the turbo with nothing restricting it is the way to go. Sounds beefy as and pulls a bit harder than she used to. Also the turbo whistle is insane I love it haha

yeah since i done my turbo and im not a fan of hitachi turbos and wher i work gets dencos and garret turbos i found a garret ball bearing turbo that fit in the hitachi housings then i dropped the exhaust off under the cab no muflers and fabricated a 2''-3'' adapter with abot a foot of 3'' pipe welded to it and a bend to direct it to the ground and the wistle is amazing can definatly hear the spool only problem is that when the old turbo shit its self it broke a shaft and damaged the exhaust housing so it doesnt spool anywhere near as quick it used to start to spool at around 1000rpm which so good for hill climbs in 1st low but hey what can i do. :)

i found a garret ball bearing turbo that fit in the hitachi housings

I am (and im sure others are aswell) interested in a bit more information on this. A direct bolt in garret ball bearing turbo for there zd30. Sounds like a great upgrade to me.

its not a bolt on unit as such i found a garrett turbo core that the hitachi housings fit that being the compressor housing and exhaust housing

i got a qoute last week from Mufflers to the Max in Ashmore, Gold Coast for a 3'' turbo back with no cat for $433.90 (mild steel) or the same with stainless steel for $880.60

If that price includes a new dump pipe and all fitted thats a crazy good price..... Ive got a high flow cat on my 3" system with no mufflers and it sounds unreal

i got a qoute last week from Mufflers to the Max in Ashmore, Gold Coast for a 3'' turbo back with no cat for $433.90 (mild steel) or the same with stainless steel for $880.60

I would be including a cat in your system. I've heard the fine for no cat is $$$$$$.

If your after a louder sound then make your exhaust shorter. As I was making mine over a few days I still drove to and from work. It was pretty loud as it was straight off the dump pipe, then as I added length it quietened down. My final length that I bolted on was from the front of the tub, over the diff and dumping next to the spare wheel and spring. That made it heaps quieter, especially in the cab as the noise was directed away. Outside still sounds pretty good, especially around the 2000 rpm range.

Is the cat easy to see, I know what they look like on my previous petrol 4x4's but on my D22 (2003) ZD30 I can't see one. It's an all original exhaust too, I was under the impression that if the truck didn't have one originally you don't have to put one on later if the exhaust is replaced.

Is the cat easy to see, I know what they look like on my previous petrol 4x4's but on my D22 (2003) ZD30 I can't see one. It's an all original exhaust too, I was under the impression that if the truck didn't have one originally you don't have to put one on later if the exhaust is replaced.

From memory it is part of the dump pipe. Have a look down through your engine bay and you should see (maybe covered by a heat shield) a big fat ugly looking cat. Il take a pic of mine now of my high flow cat/dump pipe.

It's the shiny thing. Lol

Attachments

• image-1128835923.jpg
    image-1128835923.jpg
    53.5 KB
Thanks for that, so it's built into the cast iron section before the exhaust pipe tubing starts, no wonder I can't see it ha ha.

Latest posts

Back