D22 interior light issue

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbasko

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone has any experience with auto electrics?
I was replacing my well worn out interior light (2001 D22 Navara dual cab 3.2l diesel) when the two wires touched together after I had let go of them. I seen a small spark & after that have had no power to them.
I checked all fuses & they are all good - under dash & bonnet? Pretty well stuck on what to check next? Everything else seems to be working ok. Any other hidden fuses to check?

I would change the relevant fuses regardless unless you've checked them for continuity with a multimeter?

I am not aware of any hidden fuses. Have you lost power to anything else?

Thanks for the reply - I'll try changing fuses tomorrow but everything else seems to be ok. Definitely no trouble with any internal electrics I.e. cd player, dash lights, clock etc all still working.
Is the interior light powered through the illumination fuse or something else? Could it be a relay?

you didn't happen to replace it with an LED bulb did you? if so, they can only be put in 1 way - turn it around and put it in the other way.

If not, sorry - cant help. Does an 01 model have the map lights above your rear view? do they still work?

Last edited:
No not putting in LED so polarity not the problem & theres no map lights. Got me buggered :-D

Check all radio fuses, can be wired through that. Do you still have dash lights? If not check those fuses and also tail light fuses.

check that the earth wire for light is still earthed
the high current draw may have fried either wire at any weak point
cheers

check that the earth wire for light is still earthed
the high current draw may have fried either wire at any weak point
cheers

Yes, I was thinking that as the next step myself.
Another thought I had was the bulb in place at the time? if so, have you tested the bulb by putting 12V across it from another source - even wires held across the battery should work for a short test?

If you don't have a multimeter, now might be a good time to get one - a basic one can be had for under $20 at supercheap etc.
For our purposes, you only need to be able to measure voltage in the 0-20V DC range. Red lead is positive, black lead is earth so pretty easy. One that will measure continuity (ie beep when the leads are joined together or across an unbroken fuse or bulb for example) comes in handy in these situations too.

KB

Thanks for the replies - will do some more checking today but think that a fried wire is probably the culprit. Was hoping for an easier fix :) like a fuse I'd missed.
The two wires are red/green stripe & red/black stripe. The earth is direct from the light to body via a mounting screw. I assume the red/green is the constant 12v & the red/black is the door switch wire & one of these has fried somewhere? Or maybe both - didn't have any voltage on either but will recheck today with doors open & closed.

Latest posts

Back