Converting d40 tub to tray

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benton

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to this fantastic forum. I have a 2010 D40 ST, which has a tub. Am i able to take that off and place a tray on the back. Not sure what will be involved. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Kind Regards.
Ben

Welcome to the forum!

The short answer is yes, absolutely you can. I don't know where, but there are tray manufacturers that build 'em for the D40.

And you might manage to flog the tub to someone as a trailer project, unless you like that idea so much you're going to run with it yourself!

About 6 bolts hold the tub to the chassis. A couple of small bolts on the fuel filler, unplug the lights etc, then a lot of hands and lift. The hardest part is getting the fuel filler gromet to seperate away from the tub. You may need somebody to do that whilst everybody else lifts.

If you have access to a fork lift, run it through the wheel arch area under the tub and use have a couple of people to guide the tub away from the cab as you lift it (or you will take paint off the rear of the cab etc.)

(I used the fork lift method)

As you lift up slowly you have to also move the tub backwards to clear the cab

When you have removed it, remeber to sit the tub down on something soft upside down. (or you will damage the tub)

I don't think I have missed anything.

Fantastic guys, Thank you all for your responses. Will attempt this in the coming weeks.
Kind regards
Ben

Latest posts

Back