clutch problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dos

Reaction score
hey all,
i have a 2006 d40 stx its had a new clutch and multiple gear oil changes and the system bled but evey few months it gets hard to put ito gear until the point it will not go in, clutch feels fine under foot its been to 3 diffenent mechanics nissan included they bleed the system and say there is nothing wrong only for this problem to surface a few months later. has anyone had this issue or have any advice?

cheers Dos

The first thing I'd do is find another mechanic.

However, it sounds like one of the following two things is happening:

1) You're stopping at traffic lights next to Hiluxes. I know it's irresistable to hold your accelerator on the floor and pull the clutch out halfway then drop it and watch the poor bugger sit in the plumes of blue smoke, but this does shorten the lifespan of the clutch somewhat. Recommendation: go and shoot all the Hilux drivers.

2) There's something contaminating the clutch fluid. Check the lid. If it's not sealing properly, and the hydraulic oil is getting water in it, it will not last long.

Latest posts

Back