car will not start

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,I just filled up my Nararva with diesel, know it will not start , not sure if the fuel i got has water this car has only done 1700 km

Welcome to the forum C&W. With a car that age I'd be sending it straight back to the dealer, but then with this bump someone else might see the thread and either ask for more info or throw up a few ideas.

Welcome to the forum!

Diesels are simple beasts at heart. They suck gobs of fresh air, get a little diesel squirted in and off they go. No spark required, just make sure that squirt happens at the right time (depends on the crank angle sensor).

First thing I'd do is grab the primer bulb and give it 3 or 4 squeezes. If everything is good, that primer bulb will get very hard in those squeezes.

If you can pump it a lot, there's air in your fuel line and the pump has probably de-primed. This could happen because you have a fuel line failure (crack, cut) or your fuel tank ran dry and some air was sucked into the line.

First thing I'd try is to pump that primer until it's as hard as a rock. Then try starting it again.

Latest posts

Back