can we take these guys seriously?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike1303

Reaction score
i had this pop up today.

thoughts?
are what these guys say true?
ive heard mixed reviews

B1.jpg

B2.jpg

Last edited:
All these mobs remind me of cannibals. With reference to the 1% per second matter, it's fairly obvious who they are taking shots at. They must be hurting.

Last edited:
I think it would be foolish to say chip mods wether it be pressure or injector pulse are 100% safe.risk is everywhere but what are we if were not pushing the limits of our machines.. im sure that engine should have had a egt gauge..to me it looks like it didnt..minimize the risk with educating yourself on your own vehicles modifications.

Its funny about this chip vs chip thing. You can ring any company and they will bag out someone elses product. Who not saying that this bloke wound his chip right up and didnt adjust boost etc to go with it or have correct cooling methods in place to stop it. And surely egts over 65000deg is an obvious sign something is wrong. I think its poor education by the driver. Plenty pf stuff out there to give warning signa fpr this sort of damage

At the end of the day the only real way to change the parameters the engine runs on is actually at the ECU firmware level. All of the "Chips" modify the parameters by altering the values the ECU actually sees.
For example the cheapest chip trick we found ( way back in the day in an ECU reprogramming business) was to add a resister in line with the temp sensor. The ECU always thought the engine was cold so you got more power by a richer setting from the ECU . Simple and it actually worked.More power means worse economy is what the manufacturers would say .

Any time you play around with what the ECU actually sees then you run the risk of it not reacting the same way.
The guys that make the chips know that going to far with destroy an engine so they stay well below those limits.
However if your relying on specific resistance to give certain values then you run the risk of high resistance joints then things can go wrong.

At the end of the day its always going to be the buyer beware .

As above, but there's one other point to make here. Spot the stickers?

Berrima Diesel Service aren't a bunch of half-baked guys doing community service. They really do know their stuff. They've sat close to the highway that services Sydney-Melbourne for decades now. They've earned their rep, and I'll follow their advice long before the advice of someone trying to flog me their overpriced chip. Read about the team here.

Latest posts

Back