Buying d40 with 190k

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nismo4x4

Reaction score
Hi fellas,

Im looking at selling me rx n getting an stx for good deal but it has 190ks...clutch and rear universal joint were replaced 2010...what else should i be worried about...injectors..timing chain??

any info would be great thanks

It would want to be bloody cheap if it were me. I love my d40 but I don't think they are the kind of car you will be able to keep for hundreds of thousand kilometers. Just my thoughts though.

That depends on the life it's had, is there any evidence of a hard life, and not just a hard life does it look like it's been used as a regular scrub basher or a family car. Is it a diesel or a petrol, petrol I might ignore but diesel I wouldn't wipe off just because of the ks

I would have though a diesel would serve a fairly long life, if the oil changes are on time. I would probably check for any oil smoke out of the exhaust (worn vavles, turbo etc).

at 190,000 I would think the turbo would be past due for a service.

Chris

Diesel are renowned for the longevity, but I would be cautious of these modern common rails.

Latest posts

Back