Bullbar moved on mounts

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Navara

Reaction score
G'day all, pulled a tree stump the other day with the winch, and noticed last night that driving lights were focussing low.
Had a look this morning and the bullbar has moved on its mounts, and flexed on the passenger side a bit, but on the drivers side has completely closed the gap to the body flare and pushed it up.

Would this be the winch basket settling against the bar and flexing it out of line, or have I bent something?

It was the first big pull for the winch but it was a straight line pull and used the bottom feed roller.

Seems to be multiple mounting bolts for the bar, so don't know which bolts I need to work on?

sounds like all your bolts need to be tightened up cause your winch cradle shouldnt move and out of curiosity what size bolts are holding it altogether

Bar was fitted by ARB , so don't know Miner88.

Will have to find time to get ARB to check it over. Told the missus someone must have backed into it :redcool:

Hey mate,

We all have pulled out stumps with a snatch strap or winch but i think you have pulled more than expected and the bar has moved.

Should not be hard to fix remember the winch is fine recovering your car but the forces applied pulling out a stump can be massive undo the bolts so it's loose then realign it probably the bar has moved on the mounts if not the bar has bent.

Hope this helps
John

Thanks John,
Just have to figure out which ones to loosen!
Had a quick look and there seems to be plenty to choose from!

I will take a closer look this arvo

The bar shouldn't move if installed correctly.

ARB bars have brackets which mount to the chassis in fixed positions. Then, when the bar mounts to the brackets, there is plenty of movement available through elongated holes.

Once the bar is aligned to the vehicle, "pin" bolts are installed using holes drilled specifically through the bar/mount for the purpose. They are what prevents movement.

Sounds to me like they pin bolts weren't installed.

Latest posts

Back