Battery check at 20Kkms, but only one result.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terryc

Reaction score
Did anyone else received a "Midtronics Battery Check" as part of their 20Kkms service?

Since I have a YD25 with dual batteries, I'm wondering why it only has one result and not two results.

I had a battery test done in my 80,000km service. All they appear to have done is check the voltages present before and after starting the vehicle, which does little more than prove it can be started and that the alternator is working.

I'm not convinced they care much about the second battery or even figure it in their deliberations. They ought to - a bad cell in the second battery will kill both batteries unless an isolator's been installed, since the good battery will give some of its charge to top up the bad one, which will continue demanding more until both batteries are gone.

I suspect that their testing won't diagnose a lightly sulphated cell anyway.

I had one done at one of my services, don't remember which one, but i do remember the voltage they told me was quite bad. I got my personal meter out, which had been calibrated etc.,and turns out the voltage was fine, just the service dude was high.

Latest posts

Back