are diesel chips worth it?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charley

Reaction score
gday

i recently bought a d22 , and im looking to get a bit more power out of it.. is a chip worth the money and does anyone know how much they cost roughly

cheers.

no offence mate but did you even do a little bit of looking before you posted? this would have to be one of the most talked about things on the forum. everything from the cheap $150 chips through to the $1800 egt controlled chips have been talked about, pros and cons.

Why did you buy one of the least powerful utes on the market if you want more power?

Last edited:
There are a great number of chips out there. Lindsay from Northside has put together a fantastic explanation of the different diesel chips and how they work - the only chips he hasn't talked about are the ones made from potato.

Go and have a read of that thread, it will answer a great many questions about how they work and what you can expect.

In brief: you get what you pay for.

If you buy the $150 chip, you'll get more power but it's ONLY at the expense of more fuel AND it runs the risk of reducing the life of your engine and its components.

If you buy something middle of the range, you'll do better by your engine but not the best, you'll get better performance but not the best.

Go have a read of that thread though. Lindsay's done us all a great service by putting that info together.

personally , Ive never owned a diesel with a chip but have heard to many good stories about quality brand chips , chip it , uni chip etc . Got a mate with a uni chip in his d40 it makes his ute hammer , mine would be done now but all the quality installers tuners are to far away. Mine's got gas injection but I think its a bit more costly these days with the rebates dropping. But like old Tony says you get what you pay for.

Latest posts

Back