Anyone else reguarly in the 7L's per 100km's ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dave

Tried out the cruise control in the Dmax last night for the first time. Only for 2km's as the engine is being warm in.

Was sitting on 7.6L at 100km's. (93km's, the speedo reads 7km's fast)

Shit over the right 2ks I reckon I can get a Kenworth to return 7's :ha:

My old man gets low 7's out of his shitty 2 year old povo pack BT50, the difference is he get's 7's all the time.

The engine is wearing in, once its done 3000km's Ill use cruise all the time.

Id prefer to vary the engine speed while wearing it in.

Your old man wont know what to do with all these new button's Krafty.

Pfft wearing it, next you'll tell me it needs to be revved hard to make sure it last 4 millions kilometers.

Wont be that many new buttons he's only looking at the cheap shit 550 not the one with all the buttons. The buttons add an extra $5K or something and $5K in his pocket means the new boat is going to be a bigger one.

Nah the top of the range comes with the SatNav and shit which they want between 3 and 5K for depending on which dealer you talk to. You can also get a model that has the standard D40 stereo in it, other than that there is very little difference.

****ing GPS, I want the next car I buy to come with a cassette player in preference to a GPS. They are like reversing cameras they make people stupid and lazy....or is that stupider and lazier.

I have both in the Dmax. Dont really use the reversing camera though.

Old habits die hard.

Yeah unfortunately they are creeping into too many cars. If I couldn't turn my camera screen off so that I don't see a picture everytime I select reverse I'd rip the prick out. As for GPS, unless someone makes a decent front end for Windows I'm not interested in them either.

I'd seriously look at pulling out any GPS/camera/headunit in a new car and replacing it with an entertainment unit without the useless shit.

I only have complaints about the GPS part of it. Who wants a computer chip telling them where to go, when they made a wrong turn and how to make things better, half the time they are wrong anyway.

Over 2k's @ a steady 90, flat road. I think most late model common rail diesel utes will get that or close to it. Having said that your new DMax will do better than the Nav overall.

hey Dave, if you're judging the fuel usage off what the dash tells you, you need to check it's accurate. when my D40 was new, I avg'd between 7.5 and 8.5 pending what I was doing. The speedo was about 7km out too, so if the fuel usage is calculated on the km's travelled, you've travelled 7% less than it thinks, so your usage is 7% more - or thereabouts. easiest way is to calculate the old fashioned way, litres put in/(kms travelled/100) where your kms are actually accurate as well. Based on 7%, that makes your 8.3 more like 8.8-8.9

Yeah unfortunately they are creeping into too many cars. If I couldn't turn my camera screen off so that I don't see a picture everytime I select reverse I'd rip the prick out.

Probably not allowed to now, Id imagine a reverse camera would be considered a safety item, so you wont be allowed to remove one.

Besides, have you been in a shopping center car park lately? It should be compulsory for some of the idiots , Hopefully means our cars dont get reversed into as often.

If I wanted the thing to stay off it would stay off, it's not like it would be hard to sabotage a camera feed and make it look accidental.

People should learn to drive without cameras. People with cameras rely on them and eventually get to a point where when it's missing they can't reverse on a football field without hitting something. They shouldn't be made compulsory, driving properly should be made compulsory, once a person has proven they can do that then they can have a disability aid and the wheelchair sticker to go on their front window.

I like my reverse camera, I only use it for hooking up work trailers though, make it alot quicker process. I never actually use it for general reversing , thats what side mirrors are for!

If I wanted the thing to stay off it would stay off, it's not like it would be hard to sabotage a camera feed and make it look accidental.

People should learn to drive without cameras. People with cameras rely on them and eventually get to a point where when it's missing they can't reverse on a football field without hitting something. They shouldn't be made compulsory, driving properly should be made compulsory, once a person has proven they can do that then they can have a disability aid and the wheelchair sticker to go on their front window.

While you at it why not get rid of radial tyres , wipers , electric mirrors and windows ,power steering ,remote central locking, demister and air con. Who needs ABS , why not just learn how to brake properly ?
Rear view camera is useful for judging the distance to an obstacle when reversing - what is wrong with that ?

Latest posts

Back