Am cb radios

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gadgets

Reaction score
Anyone using a am cb in there nav? I just picked one up from crap convertors for practically nothing, Dont know if its worth fitting or not, may just stick it in the spare room with all my other impulse bought rubbish!

They have their uses, some people still have them installed, I got rid of all mine years ago but some people still use them regularly. If you really want to get use out of whack up a huge mast and bounce around the world I'm sure there is still a million HAMs out there every hour of the day just waiting for someone to talk to.

I hear tuckies still have them, as well as UHF, and they still use and make AM/SSB units in the US

Ham radio uses different frequencies to CB.

You could always set it up at home for telling the support crew to put the kettle on. OTOH, a cocky might find it useful for the shearing shed, etc.

also much clearer channels now that all the dickheads in the major cities are on UHF now.

Are you saying you don't find it absolutely hilarious when for the 15th time in a minute someone interrupts a conversation with suggestions of appendage size or what they could do with that appendage?

I remember when it used to be kids that did it and although it was equally as stupid you could give them some leeway because they were young and stupid but these days it definitely appears the kids have grown up.

I just came across that am radio I bought again in my room of junk, I might try connecting it to my old nav battery for a few nights to see if theres anyone on there, any cheap option for an aerial as I dont wana buy one for the car if I never use it.

I hear what your saying about UHF Krafty, go to channel 3 in perth cbd if you want to hear all the local psycho shout at each other .

Last edited:
I still have my old 40 channel SSB CB in the garage, as well as a helical whip for it ... probably won't ever use it again. I've got a 40ch UHF hand-held but when the new 80ch units come out, I'll get myself a real radio! :big_smile:

I have one as well as UHF mounted in the car all the time. They definitely still get action on them, mostly hear truckies when i'm doing long highway trips. Also good for groups when everybody has one, saves getting interrupted on UHF.

Mitch

the new 80 channels are out as of i think 15th of April... well i know they are broadcasting

They have been out for a while but the official change over isn't until late next year or something from memory.

Yea, the newies are available for purchase however you are still not allowed to transmit on the channels. Most radio's are being sold as "80 channel ready" and will take a button push sequence to unlock the extra 40 channels.

Mitch

Latest posts

Back