Alternator Preventative Maintenance

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyNav09

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

A topic not discussed and may come in handy for everyone. Seen a few alternators give up cause of neglect and improper maintenance. I myself am lucky mine hasnt packed it in yet.

So the question is "What does everyone do to prevent failures on alternators?" This means lubrication, belts, cleaning, etc. When lubricating what doe you use or find best suitable? When cleaning what chemicals, products do you use, if any?

Rusty

Yeah, exactly. Keep it hosed out, and the occasion spray of your favourite water dispersant/aerosol lubricant etc.

Spray where? Bearings or into the copper centre?

Mate, just give it a general spray over the entire thing. Products like WD40 will "creep".

Just a light spray, don't soak it with WD or anything like that. Then, in a few months time, degrease the engine bay and do it again.

Yea I just give it a good hose through the holes and it flushes the dust out. I always notice the volts go up by about .3 of a volt on the scan gauge when I do it.

Latest posts

Back