Abs module under bonnet getting hot.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deano1

Reaction score
Hi Guys, just recently purchased a 2008 st-x, auto diesel. The ABS module under the bonnet is getting fairly hot. Any ideas what this may be?

hi and welcome
you may be dragging a brake heating up fluid?
do you left foot brake? are you riding the brakes with left foot?
open the brake fluid reservoir and check temp of fluid just to be sure

if abs was continually pulsing you would feel it under brakes and I am betting it would be throwing a fault if that was the case

my guess is its just heat soak from under bonnet temps

cheers

Last edited:
Hi Guys, just recently purchased a 2008 st-x, auto diesel. The ABS module under the bonnet is getting fairly hot. Any ideas what this may be?
The alloy is just absorbing the heat, I sometimes pop a tin of soup near mine in 3 hours it's just like off the stove and ready for lunch.

It sure does mate but in winter I put it closer to the turbo in a spot where it won't move. Also pies wrap in a bit of alfoil and keep it warm till smoko. But obviously it only works while you travel. Sorry for the but in of the thread.

I used to put my pizza (wrapped in foil) on exhaust manifold of tractor 20 min b4 smoko
Worked a treat, warm pizza in the middle of a paddock in the middle of winter

I lit a smoke once from a exhaust manifold once but never heated smoko in the engine bay...thats gold!!! I do remember watching the leyland brothers or malcom douglas cooking stew in a radiatior heated pressuer pot while driving.
Anyway back on topic.so the heat is somewhat normal then

Thanks for all the input everyone. Good to see all the budding Masterchefs out there as well.

Latest posts

Back