A bit of surge at idle - SOLVED

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spudlaw

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just thought I'd introduce myself, I'm spudlaw and I just purchased an 04 d22 3.0l dual cab which I'm very happy with. Except when I started it this morning it cut out immediately and then it wouldn't start, I pumped the top of the fuel filter then away it went. No troubles starting it on the way home from work but there seems to be a small surge at idle. The key barrels acting up too, you've got turn the key a couple of times to make the dash lights arc up. Don't know if there is a relation between them. Any ideas fellas? Thanks a lot

Welcome to the forum.

If she's hard to start tomorrow morning, it's probably just a under-tightened or over-tightened hose clamp on the fuel line on the filter. Happens a lot - and it's sometimes not so easy to spot. Could also be cracks, splits or even hardening of the fuel hose itself.

The electrical problems are more commonly unrelated. The surge I'm not sure about, I'd need that described a little better, but your ignition-on issue might be nothing more than an aging ignition with debris in the contacts or weakened springs inside causing the contacts to be reluctant to engage.

Thanks for your reply Old Tony. You were right about the fuel hose, that was the problem, it was like a waterfall coming out of there this morning. All that air was making surge at idle too. Cheers

Latest posts

Back