550 fuel pump

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeman

Reaction score
I'm having trouble starting my navara 550 t he local dealer is telling me it has two fuel pumps, one near the fuel tank, one in the engine bay , he claims the pump near the fuel tank is faulty due to me fitting a long range tank!, is there a second fuel pump near the fuel tank .??? I can't see it thanks David

My reading of the manual for the V9X (not the ESM, don't have that) seems to indicate that there's only one fuel pump. Petrol cars have fuel pumps in the tank, but electric pumps would have trouble keeping up with the mechanical pump on the motor. The V9X still has a primer bulb, which wouldn't be needed if there was a pump in the tank.

There are pumps for creating vacuum (turbo, brakes), for pumping coolant through the turbocharger and a coolant for the EGR - but there's no mention of a pump in the tank.

Thanks for that your right why would they have a primer if they had a pump pushing I will front them again tomorrow just getting the run around

Latest posts

Back