3.0 has dumped a load of white smoke at 100kph, I pulled up asap and the motor is not happy at all.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slappy

Reaction score

It seems to have dumped oil cause there's not much on the dipstick and the radiator is full, but I was able to open it without it blowing everywhere so not pressurized?

Ran the motor for the video, it sounds ok but is bouncing all over the place and any throttle leads to smoke. I've left it parked a bit off the road while I think about a strategy.

Gonna get some oil into it and see where that gets me.

Any ideas?

Edit: After some further research it seems I've copped the classic ZD30 grenade. Absolutely no good at all.

Last edited:
how bads the blow by out of the oil filler cap?

disconnect the turbo outlet air hose. it could simply be a blown turbo and oil is coming out the turbo and into the engine.

how bads the blow by out of the oil filler cap?

disconnect the turbo outlet air hose. it could simply be a blown turbo and oil is coming out the turbo and into the engine.
Could that lead to the motor bouncing all over the place?

if its ingesting oil then yes, it will run on engine oil and run like crap. it will smoke badly.
also with the air hose disconnected you will see oil coming out the hose if the turbo is leaking oil.

if its ingesting oil then yes, it will run on engine oil and run like crap. it will smoke badly.
also with the air hose disconnected you will see oil coming out the hose if the turbo is leaking oil.
Now that you mention it I've been having issues with that pipe blowing off lately, could be that its been weeping oil for a while. I'll take a look tomorrow on my way home from work - pop the hose off and see how it goes. Shouldn't cause any damage driving gently 10 mins home with the pipe off if that's the case?

Edit: I went out a few hours ago, no such luck. There's more oil in the piping that I'd like to see but with that disconnected its no better. The motors bouncing around way worse cold.

Anyone got any tips on a rebuild? I'm seeing kits from $1500 through to like $4000. I'm planning to do a compression test to check the head later this week, but hoping its just pistons - not sure if I can manage the cost of a head too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back