2WD Best Size And Offset?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greyhour

Reaction score
Well there are plenty of threads here about wheels and tires for a d22 4WD, however there doesn't seem to be much for a 2WD.
My 2WD d22 is in need of some new tires and I want to get some off-road tires. Probably 28" or somewhere around there? The stock rims are way to far tucked into the guards for my liking, what sorts of offsets can I run on a 2WD d22 without having my tires protrude the guards too much? (they don't have the flares that a 4WD has)

its really hard to find info on the 2wd d22's. aussie never had them. nz only had them in limited numbers. probably best to go to a tire shop.

We did get the D22 in 4x2 here in Aust, I see one in traffic from time to time, but I don't see many about the place. A mate had one towing a lawn mowing trailer years ago.

There's a FB page called "Navara's Dowununder" that seems to be pretty much about 2x4 D21's, but there are a few D22's on there. They might be able to help?

We did get the D22 in 4x2 here in Aust, I see one in traffic from time to time, but I don't see many about the place. A mate had one towing a lawn mowing trailer years ago.

There's a FB page called "Navara's Dowununder" that seems to be pretty much about 2x4 D21's, but there are a few D22's on there. They might be able to help?
afaik they where not sold new. but could well be imported.

They were sold here new, but not a huge market for them.

The units I've seen personally are all cab chassis.
i'll take your word for it.
i've only seen double cabs this side of the ditch. these are also the pre 2008 models with non-commonrail engine. not sure if they had the old conrod problem.

Looking at the 4x2's for sale on Carsales, it looks like the pre 2008 ones sold over here were 2.4L petrols.

Those for sale from after 2008 are all 2.5L diesels, so I'd say that they're most likely common rail YD25's.

Latest posts

Back