265/75.r16

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nernstie

Reaction score
Hey Guys

I'm looking at some new tyres for my d22. I have decided to go with cooper stmaxx. Being in QLD I have the restriction on how much i can change the OD of the tyre. I've just been to down to the local guy that sell coopers and he's offered me 2 options.

1: 245/75/r16 $330 - a little uncertain how the thinner will work
2: 265/75/r16 $380 - 36mm larger in OD

Just wondering what some of the guys in QLD are running or had trouble with the transport department for running the bigger tyres. I am looking at a 3rd option of going with stt that are 255/70/r16. But seeing as i spend more time on the black top than on the dirt i think this wouldn't be the right choice.

Cheers
nernstie

issue is not with QLD transport...if ur trying to get road worthy...its up to the mechanic to notice it...but the main issue is the insurance company

max u can go "legally" is 265/70/16

i run 265/75/16....

Last edited:
nismo4x4 said:
issue is not with QLD transport...if ur trying to get road worthy...its up to the mechanic to notice it...but the main issue is the insurance company

max u can go "legally" is 265/70/16

i run 265/75/16....

Eh, yes and no, the legal boundaries for tyre size are no more than 15mm larger in rolling diameter and no more than 26mm smaller in rolling diameter than the size listed on the tyre placard for the vehicle. In a d22 this "placard" is a sticker on the inside of the glove box, which lists the 265/70/16 as the stock tyre size.

The max size you can legally go is 275/70/16. (I think).

So 265/75/16 is illegal, and the department of transport has the authority to pull you up and issue you with a defect notice.

However, 265/75/16 doesn't look all that large and will most likely go unnoticed. I've even had my vehicle over the pits at an inspection station and they haven't said anything about it.

And I also run the 265/75/16's... But I plan to go a bit larger and find some 15's and slap on a set of 32x11.5's

I run 265 75's and been pulled over by (Qld) Department of transport twice in the last six months (roadside vehicle checks) - no-one has said anything about anything on the vehicle. I've also got my insurance policy to note the size of the tyres.

Latest posts

Back