2007 D40 timing Chain

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozzkev

Reaction score
hi there i have been reading through the forum in regards to the timing chain on this model we are in adelaide and spoke with a bloke this morning from the website YD25 and he strongly recomends i get it sorted before it buggers it up completly as we have to get back to brisbane ...does anyone know of anyone in adelaide that is good and NOT NISSAN ! rang them waste of time !

Cheers Kev

does it actually need replacing? if it doesn't I wouldn't bother, the odds of it happening are so slim.

Have you done yours 4by, as when i picked mine up from nissan after the forced burn they advised me that mine was noise..........gee thanks

I spoke with Paul from the YD25 web site he advised me that it would more than likely be the top chain tensioner, as it turned out it was ! replaced the tensioner ($123) pretty easy to do job hardest part being the removing the EGR pipe work, inspected for chain wear and teeth wear all seemed to be in good condition other than the top tensioner, now no noise on start up ... I suggest any body with these issuses look at their web site and seek advise from these guys www.yd25.com.au
Cheers
Kev

Latest posts

Back