2006 D22 3ltr Turbo Using Oil

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyH

Reaction score
G'day all,

New to the forum I have a question my 2006 D22 3Ltr Turbo is staring to use a lot of oil about 500ml to each tank of diesel more if I have been working it hard I cant find any leaks around the motor anywhere also noting it is getting harder to start on cold days once started starts well for the rest of the day.

Any advice will be much appreciated

Tony

Not leaving oil on the ground? It could be the seals in the turbo, either leaking in to the exhaust side and going out the exhaust or leaking in to the inlet side and being burnt in the combustion chamber. Pull the hose off the turbo and see if there's heaps of oil in there. Some is normal if you haven't fitted a catch can.

As above.

Does it blow much blue smoke? That's a sign that it's burning the oil. Worn valve guides could also do this. Gummed piston rings will allow more blow-by which will dramatically increase the oil being vaporised and sent out the PCV which will show up in the air intake (the PCV is the hose that goes from the back of the camshaft cover to the air intake in front of the turbo).

Basically if there's no visible signs of oil anywhere, it is probably being burnt.

Latest posts

Back