2005 d22 str 3.3ltr petrol wont start

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dal169

Reaction score
Hi all hoping you can help me. I have a 2005 d22 str 3.3 ltr petrol navara, was driving fine then just coughed and splattered and stopped. I changed fuel pump and fuel filter and still not starting.it started once and ran for 10 mins then conked out again, It is cranking over just not starting any ideas.

Hi all hoping you can help me. I have a 2005 d22 str 3.3 ltr petrol navara, was driving fine then just coughed and splattered and stopped. I changed fuel pump and fuel filter and still not starting.it started once and ran for 10 mins then conked out again, It is cranking over just not starting any ideas.

The crank angle sensor can be an issue with these, have you checked all the leads and if there is spark?.

^ Checking spark plus fuel supply is the first step. Pop out a spark plug after cranking it for a bit and smell it. If you smell (or see wet) fuel then that part is ok, it's spark issues. It may not be getting any spark - could be a damaged/poorly earthed coil, or the HT leads, or the CAS (or CPS if the petrol uses that like some of the diesels).

No i haven't mate literally know nothing about cars, i was told it was the fuel pump so thought i could learn something and did it myself along with filter, where is the crank sensor located do you know.

Crank angle sensor problems would be best left to a mechanic that knows that engine, and would be the last issue to check. Look at fuel delivery and spark as a starting point.

Latest posts

Back